Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Organized Home = Organized Mind?

I can tell you without a doubt most of the friends I have that are struggling with their weight will agree that they are disorganized in some part of their lives as well. When I look back at what was successful for me, it wasn't so much the diet and exercise but a big part of it was my lifestyle organization.

I used to spend my days gardening and organizing rooms, that fell to the wayside when I started my own business and added more children to the mix. Now that I'm semi-retired and my children are in school and daycare I can focus on getting our home organized and running like a well oiled engine.

Whenever I'm bored the first thing I go to is the fridge, let's make something exciting! After the meal or snack I'm guilt-ridden and I will either lay on the couch watching tv wallowing in my own self pity or I'll head out and buy stuff for my house that will never leave the bags I brought them home in, I never make it that far.

This year has been full of great obstacles and changes for me. I recently started taking cake classes and I enjoy it a lot, but I have to be organized if I want to make it to class on time and get my items ready so I don't fall behind in class. Once I started organizing my cake stuff it inspired me to tackle a room a week. I say week because it almost really does take an entire week for me to work on one room between kids, errands etc...

This week it is the master bedroom and I moved all the furniture, dusted, vacuumed and got rid of a lot of books and magazines I'd had laying around. It's not finished but I'll be sure to post pictures of my adventure.

I'm still doing Jenny, still losing small amounts and still running. My body isn't where I wanted it to be a year ago today when I thought I'd be at my goal weight, but it's in much better shape than 2 years ago (216lbs!)

One day I'll organize this blog, but for now, the home comes first.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love you to help me organize my house! Starting with my hubby's closet!
    BTW-I say we bang down the doors of the liquor store and get us some of those single portion wine glasses

    ReplyDelete